We act for tenants, homeless applicants and trespassers/squatters.
If your Landlord or Tenant is not performing their obligations in line with the Tenancy Agreement we aim to settle any issues without recourse to litigation. However, if matters cannot be settled amicably then we will instigate legal action on your behalf and advocate at your court Hearing. One of the Legal actions that we can bring on your behalf is the Housings Disrepair claim where your landlord has failed to keep your property in repair.
We can help with a number of problems including the following:
- Possession or eviction proceedings brought by your landlord (who might be either a private landlord, a Housing Association/Trust or a Local Authority).
- Claims or counterclaims for damages for disrepair, including getting injunctions requiring your landlord to carry out repairs
- Mortgage repossession.
- Squatter’s rights/adverse possession.
- Homelessness applications, including reviews, appeals in the County Court and judicial review of Local Authority’s decisions.
- Harassment and/or unlawful eviction by your landlord.
- We also help those needing accommodation who are not entitled to apply for housing under the homelessness provisions of the Housing Act 1996 e.g. asylum seekers or those who cannot apply for housing because of their immigration status or for some other reason. However, these cases will be dealt with by our Community Care Team.
- Allocation of social housing (if homeless)
- Service Charge disputes
This firm has substantial experience in acting for clients in proceedings in the County Court, High Court, Court of Appeal and House of Lords
Free legal advice is available in some court proceedings and we will always advise you as to your eligibility for legal aid. If in your particular circumstances Legal Aid is not available, or you choose to instruct us privately, we offer competitive rates, and are happy to discuss our likely fees with you.
Services for Landlords:
- Possession proceedings
- Illegal Eviction
- Ownership disputes and shares in property
- Party Wall Act disputes Solicitor
- Property repairs Solicitor
- Rights of way Solicitor
- Judicial Review in homelessness matters
- Issue of Adverse Possession
- Lease renewals extensions
- Leasehold Disputes
- Repairs to leaseholds
- Right to manage collective enfranchisement
- Service charge disputes
- Restrictive Covenant Disputes
- Commercial Landlord and Tenant Disputes
- Dilapidations and Repairing Claims and Obligations
- ForfeiturePossession actions
- Planning Permission and Refusals
- Actions in trespass
- Adverse possession claims
- Building disputes Solicitor
- Boundary disputes Solicitor
- Co-ownership disputes Solicitor
- Japanese knotweed disputes
- Possession claims Solicitor- Mortgage arrears